Thursday 20 April 2017

Animation - Bringing old drawings to life

 The other day I was looking around in a box of my old drawings from when I started secondary school and I found something that I felt really inspired by. When I was younger, I used to be a big fan of Disney's Lilo and Stitch, and used to create my own characters and draw them - often on the back of homework or school worksheets. 

One particular character I created caught my eye. This character was called Bellow and I had numbered him 567 (like the characters in the series). He is brightly coloured and I happened to draw a few storyboards involving him, which I think would be great fun to animate.

Here are a few drawings of the character:


This is a scene that I had drawn on a small A5 piece of loose paper. This scene was inspired by the Lilo and Stitch TV series and includes the character which I designed. In this sequence, you can see the Experiment 567 pod roll off of a market stall and into a puddle, where it activates into the character - much like what happens in the animated series. I knew as I set out to make this animation that it'd be a complex one, but I feel like it'd be worth it to bring an old drawing to life.



This scene I believe was based off of scenes from 'Stitch the Movie' as well as the Lilo and Stitch original TV series. It was based off of the scenes in which the experiments are activated, such as this one, in which the characters activate Experiment 221.



I am very happy with the final result. I feel that I could add more frames to the ending if I wish to in the future, however I am pleased with what I created with my day today!


No comments:

Post a Comment