Monday 1 May 2017

Final Animation - Beginning Progress (parts 1 and 2)

 Yesterday evening after I returned from work I began to work on the start of my final animation. I planned it out in my sketchbook prior to beginning on photoshop, so I knew exactly where to start when I sat down. I had already decided to re-use the intro that I had made during my experimentation as I am really fond of it and think it'd work well in my final piece.
I took on board the feedback from my tutors and introduced the character from various angles, having his wings pop up first and then his head, which he tilts inquisitively. Animating the first 10 seconds only took me the evening to complete.

Progress shots of my Butterfly Dragon coming to life.

The first part of my final animation completed.

Today I spent the whole day working on the second part of the animation which I had already planned. In this part, the Butterfly Dragon flaps his wings and lands on the branch in front of the butterfly. He then sneezes and accidentally scorches it, leaving it blackened. As this is a children's character, he does not kill the butterfly as my tutors had suggested!

 
The animating process for making the dragon fly up to the branch was slow.

The completed movement with colour.

A still frame from the final animation of the Butterfly Dragon looking at the butterfly.

The second part of my final animation completed.

The next step for me is to get back to my sketchbook and think about what I can do for the next part of my little short story.


No comments:

Post a Comment