Saturday 6 May 2017

Finishing Up - Convergence/Divergence Unit

With the Unit deadline only 1 day away, I am pleased to say I will not be one of those staying up all night until the 11am hand in on Monday, as I have completed all my work in this unit.

All in all, I am very pleased with my work in this unit. As I thought I might do, I found a method of animating pretty early on in the Unit and stuck with it throughout, learning more as I went along and making more complex animations and sequences. 

I began the project with the wrong idea, believing my animation had to serve a purpose, but after talking with my tutors I re-wrote my learning agreement and decided to just focus on creating a fun animation which explored my character 'The Butterfly Dragon'. My animations that I had made previous to changing my idea all served as experiments and I gained a lot of knowledge of the software from making them.

I was torn between two ideas - the concept of making an animation about my existing children's book character, or making an animation based off of drawings I did at school when I was younger. After speaking with my tutors they were sold on the Butterfly Dragon, they really liked him as a character and pushed me to go down that route, and I am glad I took their advice.

I am very happy with what I have produced in this unit and am very pleased with the outcome of my work. I feel like my final animation is much better than I could have imagined, as I put a lot of time into it, and it really has paid off.


No comments:

Post a Comment