Monday 13 March 2017

Design Ideas - Sketches and a Possible Character

Although I like the idea of re-using a character which I have previously developed, I thought I'd play around with designs for another character. I like the idea of combining bugs with other animals, hence the Butterfly Dragon, which is a tiny dragon with butterfly features. 

I created a page of ideas, just drawing random bugs and creatures and letting my ideas flow.


Out of all of the designs, I really liked the Fox-like character at the bottom of the page.


I imported my scan into photoshop and began creating a digital drawing of the character. I used a 50% opacity thin black brush to create a subtle outline.


I thought the character would look nice with a floral garland, so I used a circle in a different layer to create this.



Here is my final character design. I am very happy with how it turned out. I may experiment more with both this and the Butterfly Dragon before I commit to which one I will use for my final animation

No comments:

Post a Comment