Tuesday 21 March 2017

Practice Animation - First Flight

Today I thought I'd test out an animation of the little Butterfly Dragon flying. Nothing too ambitious at this stage, just a short looped animation of the butterfly dragon flying in place. This would be an animation to test the movements of the wings, as they are pretty complex in design.

I started out by drawing the body of the Butterfly Dragon and moving it into different movie frames, with the body moving up a little each time, and then down. I then drew the wings on in a separate movie layer.

To make both wings the same on each side, I duplicated them using the select and alt key, and then moving it over to the other side of the body, and then transform to flip it horizontally. I did this for each position of the wings to make sure they were the same each time.



No comments:

Post a Comment