Saturday 25 March 2017

Practice Animation - BumbleFox Character Flying

After creating my flying animation for the Butterfly Dragon, I decided to give it a go with the little fox character that I created. I imported the scan of my sketch into Adobe Photoshop and traced over it with the paintbrush tool. For this experiment, I chose not to use colour.

The first step was to get my outline completed.

I then copied and pasted the outline onto 4 frames, moving it upwards slightly each time. The wings were then added on an animation layer to give the flying effect.

I then imported my video into Adobe AfterEffects to loop the flying animation.


This is the end result after being exported from Adobe AfterEffects

After exporting my first version, I decided to go back to my animation in Adobe Photoshop and make a few adjustments. This involved removing the tail and eyes from a few of my static frames in order to animate them, to make the character's flying motion seem more realistic.

I feel like the animation is a lot more successful with the addition of the extra movement and I am very pleased with how it has turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment